Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Chat Room Confirmation
From: Roger D Johnson <n1rj@roadrunner.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 12:10:38 -0500
Over the years I have developed my own criteria for what constitutes
a valid contact:

1. I MUST copy the call of the DX station off the air. Not from packet
    or a chat room.

2. I MUST copy my signal report off air.

3. I MUST hear the DX station roger my report.

I will admit to slippage on item 3. many DX stations do not confirm
the report but just go on to the next station.

Cheating on DX programs has gone on since the beginning. In the end,
you have to look at yourself in the mirror and like what you see.

I have just downloaded and read the DXAC Special Report of May 2008.
In it there are frequent mentions of "fairness" and "propagation advantage".
What do you all think about people who have spent time on both coasts and
are allowed to count QSOs from both! I find this manifestly unfair,
especially
on the low bands, and think there should be some distance limit on how far
one can move and still count the DX contacts.

73, Roger

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK