Re: Topband: cq 160

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: cq 160
From: Sam Morgan <k5oai.sam@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2011 17:09:17 -0600
I run into that problem "they just keep calling without space between cq's."
often myself.

My guesses are, they are either not even listening, just trying to keep their
claim to that frequency by the never ending cq's. I say it that way, because
they don't seem to even leave enough space between their never ending,
automated
cq's, to even hear a station if they was one attempting to answer.

Or maybe they have some really good directional antennas and are listening
towards some part of the globe I'm not on, hi hi.

Then again it could be their receive capabilities are being limited by QRN/QRM
that I can't hear.

But it is pretty upsetting when you have waited until the big gun stations are
in bed, so you will not have to compete with them in the pileups, and can hear
the station calling cq so well, and yet it seems your answers to their endless
calls are being ignored. You are not alone Jimmy.

GB & 73
K5OAI
Sam Morgan

On 12/3/2011 4:38 PM, james soto wrote:
> Been testing the inverted L that i install few weeks ago.last night work
> couple caribbean stations and also few north american .band been pretty noisy
> at this end.but this morning was less noisy. work few VE and north america
> pretty easy , i just run 100 watts( no amplifier ). I notice that few north
> american station with real good signal here (kp2 - st croix), were not
> copying they just keep  calling without space between cq's.

> ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK