Re: Topband: Top band conditions suring ARRL 160

To: <k9fd@flex.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Top band conditions suring ARRL 160
From: James Rodenkirch <rodenkirch_llc@msn.com>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 05:45:24 -0700
Merv: I'm with you on this!  There were a noticeable number of strong stations
who didn't copy my QRP signal YET.....there were LOTs of stations that did copy
me just fine, returning my call after one call, copying my info after sending
once....guess there must be areas where QRN is high and only the "strong make
it through."  Hi Hi

72, Jim Rodenkirch, K9JWV

I'm also waiting for the Stew --- someone hears my weak (weak as in NOT S9
strength) signal they'll pay attention 'cuz I just might be worth four points,
not just two!

> Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2011 19:05:54 -1000
> From: k9fd@flex.com
> To: topband@contesting.com
> Subject: Re: Topband: Top band conditions suring ARRL 160
>

> > On 12/3/2011 7:09 PM, Hardy Landskov wrote:
> >
> >> he reason there are not
> >> more stations outside of US participate is that this contest turns out to
> >> be
> >> an ARRL 160 Sweepstakes at least this is my opinion from the Westcoast.
> >>
> > Yes.As a protest of scoring rules that make it an "east coast works
> > Europe and ignores everyone else" contest, I'm putting in a few hours
> > running QRP so I'm working only the west coast guys. I'll be on full
> > time for the Stew Perry.
> >
> > 73, Jim K9YC
> >
> Not that it makes a fart in a windstorm worth of difference to the
> ARRL,  but I have done the same,
> I gave a few contacts to west coast stations and will not participate in
> the contest.
> Another reason is the amount of deaf stations that seem to be on the
> band for this one.  The ratio
> of S9 plus signals that cannot copy someone calling is at all time highs.
> Stew is the contest for 160.
> 73 Merv K9FD/KH6

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK