Re: Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: RG-6/U & Snap n Seal connectors
From: Phil Duff <na4m@arrl.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Dec 2011 19:19:49 +0000
On 12/12/2011 19:00, Gary Smith wrote:

> Nice, but I can't seem to figure out how to get the snap-n-seal
> connector mounted on the coax. I've tried slipping the coax in but
> the inner sleeve on the connector won't go under the braid or vinyl,
> trying to tap it into place is futile.

I just put some SNS connectors on flooded double shielded RG6 with the
same tool.

Strip the coax with the tool.  Then fold the coax braid (but not the
foil tape) back over the outside of the jacket before pushing the
connector onto the coax. Then use the tool to seat the connector.

de Phil NA4M

--
Phil Duff