Re: Topband: QRP Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: QRP Question
From: Jan Erik Holm <sm2ekm@bdtv.se>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 21:52:23 +0100
Yes really. FCC does not rule the world and in this case
FCC is wrong.

Country designator is put before the callsign. This changed
way back in the 1970´ties

Not to confuse things if I go to England and work mobile
I could sign G3/SM2EKM/m or M3/SM2EKM/m, plain and simple
and not confusing.

Not to waist any more BW I will now QSY to a different QRG.

/Jim SM2EKM
------------
On 2011-12-13 06:32, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
> Really?
>
> FCC rules:
>
> (c) One or more indicators may be included with the call sign. Each
> indicator must be separated from the call sign by the slant mark (/) or
> by any suitable word that denotes the slant mark. If an indicator is
> self-assigned, it must be included before, after, or both before and
> after, the call sign.*No self-assigned indicator may conflict with any
> other indicator specified by the FCC Rules or with any prefix assigned
> to another country.*
>
> *M              England (M3xxx and M6xxx - Foundation Class Licence,
>                           All others - Full Licence Grade)
> 14  27*
>

> As I said nobody enforces this.  Your licensing may be different.
>
> Mike W0MU
>
> W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net
>

> On 12/12/2011 10:21 PM, Jan Erik Holm wrote:
>> This is so wrong. Please please stop spreading this wrong stuff.
>>
>> It is a mobile designator and NO nothing else.
>>
>> /Jim SM2EKM
>> On 2011-12-12 18:21, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
>>> Legally signing /M is only legal if you are in England or one of the
>>> countries that uses the M prefix.  It is readily accepted as Mobile but
>>> is not a legal designator. I am not sure that most of the ones you
>>> listed are legal IARU or ITU call designators.  This could vary from
>>> country to country.
>>>

>>> Mike W0MU
>> UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK