Re: Topband: WRC-12 Approves the New 472-479 kHz Amateur Radio Allocatio

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: WRC-12 Approves the New 472-479 kHz Amateur Radio Allocation
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 11:06:10 -0500 (EST)
Bert,

Thats correct.  A few hundred watts output power through an antenna tuner into
a good 160 or 80 meter vertical should achieve easily achieve 5 watts eirp.

Note the following caution from the ARRL news story:

http://www.arrl.org/news/amateur-radio-gets-secondary-mf-allocation-at-wrc-12

"While the Final Acts will be signed on Friday, February 17 at the close of the
Conference, the new allocation will not take effect until it is entered into
the Radio Regulations. No date has been set for this, but it is unlikely to be
earlier than January 1, 2013. In any case, no amateur can use the band until
his or her national regulations are revised to implement the allocation."

73
Frank
W3LPL