Re: Topband: Vertical vs yagi

To: "Jack/W6NF" <vhfplus@gmail.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Vertical vs yagi
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 15:53:34 -0500
FWIW I get well over 20dB side nulls from a 2el Cushcraft clone and about
15-20dB off the rear which varies by arrival angles.

With a pair stacked the rejection is often better and beinng able to
upper/lower/both is often an eye opener.

I never had good results with a pair of verticals on 40 but they are killers
on 160 and the feed is simple coax. IMO if you have good receiving antennas
on 160/80 there is no benefit in spending extra for a fancy switching box
for just 2 antennas which "may" get you another 5dB in F/B.

Carl
KM1H