Re: Topband: 49 contest stations caught on tape this AM

To: "Barry N1EU" <barry.n1eu@gmail.com>, "topBand List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 49 contest stations caught on tape this AM
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2012 04:37:11 -0900
Hi Barry

I was in the contest during your recording but didn't get a good opening to the
east coast this year. I never had any luck running so I just went up/down the
band calling everyone I could hear. As always there are loud stations that
can't hear me and very weak stations that come right back so I'm an equal
opportunity mult provider. Got a few comments from some on being their
last state but of course I count as DX.

I didn't work KH6 myself but I did blow off the best hours of 0500-0700z
due to needed recovery from the NAQP RTTY. I was on for those hours
yesterday however but every Qso was a struggle.

USA is in daylight now and I should stay up and see if we can work Europe
on our sunrise. The moose destroyed the Europe beverage so I may just
pack it in as I doubt I will hear them on the vertical unless they are loud
which is doubtful.

73 Rich KL7RA  Kenai Alaska