Re: Topband: RX Antenna advice

To: <ct1ilt@sapo.pt>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: RX Antenna advice
From: "Jesus EC1KR" <jesusec1kr@terra.es>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 22:56:52 +0100
Hi all.

Filipe we had the same problem during last CQ 160M SSB in our Team ED1R
located in central Spain, when many EU stations calling us and we not listen
clear his signals. A friend out of the Contest in EA4 informed us that he
listen on Internet from a SDR in HB9 who many stations calling us and from
each 3 or 4 stations that calling us we only copy 1, and with many problems,
and always saying few times Again, Again, Again :-(

We used a Vertical T Inv. with 100 radials and RX Beverages Antenas EU, NA,
OC and SA from 180m aprox. Each one.

Is very strange because we copy very clear many NA stations and they not
copy us, we calling big times to many stations in NA and we worked only 30
or 35 stations aprox. They was working NA-NA only and not listen EU
callings. For other part in EU beverages the noisy was very strong, constant
and a big problem to listen LP/QRP stations in EU.

We have very near a electric tower in EU beverage direction probably was the
problem, but in other contest we haven?t this problem, and we think also
that our problem is that our beverages are very short (only 180m aprox.) and
we need to have 300m aprox. Or the 3º option is that we had very poor
conditions in EA1-EA4/CT during last CQ 160M SSB.

73 to all and see you During next contest.

73 de Jesus EC1KR (ED1R)
Blog. www.ec1kr.com