Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance

To: Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca>
Subject: Re: Topband: Wellbrook receive loop performance
From: W2PM <w2pm@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 10:07:31 -0400
I get that Eddy. But I've been there and done that in this small, noisy
suburban non 160 friendly QTH.  I've worked VK with a mag loop and they are
worth having if u can afford the space to share with much better alternatives.
Any of the Flags and Pennants even the half sized ones are far better
performers. In fact a short BOG I've found superior nearly all the time to a
mag loop.

Sent from my iPad

On Apr 12, 2012, at 8:36, Eddy Swynar <deswynar@xplornet.ca> wrote:

> On 2012-04-12, at 8:25 AM, Raoul Coetzee wrote:
>
>>> I would not be too quick to dismiss small magnetic receiving loops from
>> consideration for DX work.
>
> Hi Guys,
>
> Who would have the unmitigated gall to condemn ANY receiving antenna, if said
> antenna was the sole alternative left to a radio Amateur...?
>
> Some years ago when we still lived in 'burbs I participated in the ARRL
> 160-meter contest & made hundreds of contacts: my antenna? A W1FB shielded
> coaxial loop, adjacent to my station, and 8 feet BELOW ground level in my
> basement!
>
> Don't knock it, till you've walked a mile in the other guy's shoes---and be
> prepared to be amazed.
>
> ~73~ de Eddy VE3CUI - VE3XZ
UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK