Re: Topband: Laird ferrites

To: <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Laird ferrites
From: "N4IS" <n4is@comcast.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jul 2012 01:00:06 -0400
<I have found an off brand ferrite to perform well beyond my expectations>

Control the quality of any product is expensive but it can assure that every
single core has the same specification range. Narrow the range higher the
price.

When the specification is not clear and the product has half the price, you
can expect large variation between units. It could be excellent in one unity
and terrible on the next one.  Sure you can buy quantity and measure each
one selecting the ones you need.

It is like to buy toroid in a ham fest, you have no idea what you got.

Regards
JC
N4IS

UR RST IS ... ... ..9 QSB QSB - hw? BK