Re: Topband: Skywaves from Monopole Surface Waves

To: Richard Fry <rfry@adams.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: Skywaves from Monopole Surface Waves
From: Paul Christensen <w9ac@arrl.net>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 11:52:40 -0500
The measured MW data looks compelling and agrees with the NEC surface wave
analysis.  Even accounting for frequency disparity between the BC band and
160m, low angle field strength remains robust.

Rich, what is the station's operating frequency and approx. soil conductivity?
Doubters may think the station's antenna is located along a coastal salt plane
to get these strong low angle measurements.

Paul, W9AC

Sent from my iPhone5