Re: Topband: Tuning 160M Dipole

To: "Bob K6UJ" <k6uj@pacbell.net>, "Topband List" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Tuning 160M Dipole
From: "Ulrich Weiss" <dj2ya@t-online.de>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 10:15:00 +0100
hello Bob,
many thanks for the interesting tool calculating dipole dimensions.. it would be even more useful if it considered insulated wires as well... PVC-insulated wire can have an additional shortening effect of up to 5 percent (i.e. as much as about 7 ft. one either side on topband)... that may well be the reason for Paul's problems...
regards

Uli, DJ2YA

----- Original Message ----- From: "Bob K6UJ" <k6uj@pacbell.net>