Re: Topband: DX window

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 11:21:18 -0500
...and that loss of the DX window is sadly, dear readers, why you will
seldom hear DX stations outside of Europe and North America CQing on 160m in
the CQ contests.
Bit of a shame really, but that's (so-called) progress.

I never understood, and never agreed with the "160 committee" abolishing the DX window.

I thought it showed people with larger stations on the east coast have lost touch with life with smaller stations in difficult areas. It is much like billionaires making rules for the middle class and working poor.

Certainly large stations on the coast have little or no use for a DX only area, but I can't imagine what possessed someone to think that was a good idea for people distant from saltwater paths.