Re: Topband: DX window

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: "Lennart M" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Date: Wed, 5 Dec 2012 17:33:14 +0100
W8JI said:
"I never understood, and never agreed with the "160 committee" abolishing
the DX window.

I thought it showed people with larger stations on the east coast have lost
touch with life with smaller stations in difficult areas. It is much like
billionaires making rules for the middle class and working poor.

Certainly large stations on the coast have little or no use for a DX only
area, but I can't imagine what possessed someone to think that was a good
idea for people distant from saltwater paths."

Well, from a "DX perspective" I do not care much about band differenciation,
we do have equal distance to Far East and the Pacific as to SA, NA east
coast being close by and when 160 opens to NA west coast and KL7/KH6 they
are good enough to break thru any other pile, this is a Hobby, 73 all.
Len
SM7BIC