Re: Topband: DX window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DX window
From: k6xt <k6xt@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 13:15:15 -0700
One sure way to open the DX window to DX is to blacklist us/ve who CQ there. At least temporarily. Which is what I do, just pass them by even when they're 40 over and I need the mult. Tough love. If there's a DX station nearby I'll surely try to work it, perhaps with a judicious VFO offset to make sure the DX can hear me.

Not that I keep a list or anything. I don't. If they just keep CQn in the window I'll never work them. Sooner or later they'll find me up or down the band.

A DL wondered how many DX can coexist in 5kHz. Not many. But its a lot more than is possible to work if US/VE are CQing in that 5kHz!

Another noted there's no "rule" in terms of licensing structure about the window. True. Its been a gentlemen's agreement since way before I was first licensed.

--
73 Art K6XT~~
Success is going from failure to failure without a loss of enthusiasm.