Topband: DX Window

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: DX Window
From: Ralph Parker <ve7xf@dccnet.com>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2012 22:04:59 +0000
Only in the past 4-5 years have I paid serious attention to 160m, and I
thought that the DX Window had faded away and was no longer observed. It
looks like I was wrong.

I understand its purpose, and I'm perfectly willing to abide by it. Perhaps
all that is needed (for many of us) is a reminder that it is indeed active,
and please to respect it.

I spend a lot of time on 6m in the summer, and many newbies, unaware of the
DX window (50.1 - 50.125), blithely call CQ and work each other there,
until its purpose is explained to them. All same 160m.
(DX = off continental NA, so Herb, etc., are welcome there.)

I consider myself re-educated.
How about: QDW (pse respect the DX window) as a reminder?

Ralph, VE7XF