Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More
From: Herb Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 20:14:48 -0400
You have bitched for years that DX
thought the could not work you - I can find the references in the
archives going back almost to be beginning of this list) but it
would mean that you got to count each QSO with the rest of us on
the mainland as 5 points instead of 2 points.  Now you want to be
able to work DX but count all your QSOs as five points instead
of two?
I may have "bitched" but who wouldn't after being told and scolded by DX stations "no DX no DX QRZ W/VE only" Many I guess were as confused as i was in calling them in the first place. Again I only want this contest to show an element of fairness. I guess if I do as you suggested then next time stations will not only miss KP4 which did not show this time but also KP2. So about working ARRL sections and as some insist that it is only a 160 meter version of Sweepstakes, then let it be so and like in the much highly enshrined SS not permit *any* DX. Working DX on 160, not some archaic sections is what I am interest in. If participants were tuned into working DX you would not find the band covered by 100's of incessant CQ machines every few hertz trying to hold on to there spot and not working much of anything. I think next time I will do what I wanted to do this time, just work DX and have my phased Beverages on Europe and Africa selected. Some may say this is poor sportsmanship....but I have tried to get someone to recognize that changes are important to bring out a better contest product. I understand those in their ivy covered office buildings and who call the shots, really don't care to even entertain change for the better.

Herb, KV4FZ

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell