Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More

To: <Gary@ka1j.com>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: ARRL LOTW and More
From: "Dave AA6YQ" <aa6yq@ambersoft.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 16:58:49 -0500

-----Original Message-----
From: Topband [mailto:topband-bounces@contesting.com]On Behalf Of Gary
Smith
Sent: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:29 PM
To: Topband@contesting.com

> I use Logic software for normal logging, awards tracking and for
> contesting. I should learn N1MM for when I help out with a team effort
> and if they use that. I believe the author was one of the original
> authors for the LOTW format.
>
> http://www.hosenose.com/logic/default.aspx

I meant to say I believe the author of the Logic logging software was one of
the original authors for the LOTW format.

>>>There is no "LotW format". I suspect you are referring to the Amateur
Data Interchange Format (ADIF), which was developed in 1996 by Ray WF1B and
Dennis WN4AZY; Dennis is the author of LOGic.

>>>ADIF is employed in two ways by LotW: QSOs uploaded to LotW are conveyed
as encrypted ADIF records, and information about a QSO's acceptance and
confirmation that was requested via LotW's programmatic interface is
returned in ADIF records.

    73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

It is undesirable to believe a proposition when there is no ground whatsoever
for supposing it is true. - Bertrand Russell