Re: Topband: Measured RG-6 Loss: Solid Copper vs. Copper Clad center con

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Measured RG-6 Loss: Solid Copper vs. Copper Clad center conductor
From: <donovanf@starpower.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 12:10:33 -0500 (EST)
Hi Doug,

Quad shielded RG-6 with a copper clad steel center conductor is an excellent
choice on 160 and 80 meters as long as the cable lengths aren't very long.
Outdoor rated quad shielded CCS RG-6 is more readily available at low prices
(typically less than 10 cents per foot) than solid copper center conductor RG-6.

RG-6 with a CCS center conductor is a poor choice for the 1500 foot
transmission lines to my 160 and 80 meter receiving antennas.  I wouldn't
hesitate to use CCS RG-6 if my cable lengths were less than 500 feet.

73
Frank
W3LPL