Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation
From: Greg Chartrand <w7my@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2013 14:51:27 -0700 (PDT)
I love my trees. They have held up my 160 antennas at my QTH for the last 18
years. For them to make a significant impact on my ability to transmit, they
would have to absorb at least 3db (750 watts). If any of them have absorbed
that amount of power, I suspect they would have gone up in flaming glory long
ago.  Obviously its less than 3 db and probably less than 1 db. I suspect I
loose far more DB's in my Teflon like volcanic soil that the trees will ever
contribute. In any case, THANK YOU TREES for being there for me!

Greg

Greg Chartrand - W7MY
Richland, WA.

W7MY Home Page: