Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Effect of trees- tree appreciation
From: N1BUG <paul@n1bug.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 2013 17:54:50 -0400
On 08/09/2013 04:51 PM, Charlie Cunningham wrote:
As a DXer, I generally listened a lot, and I found that on 160, if I
could hear them - more often than not, I could work 'em - wherever in the
world they might be.

No receive antennas? With 1500 watts into a 100 foot vertical (tower with 7 element 6 meter beam for top loading and nearly 10K feet of wire in radials), and a collection of at best mediocre reversible Beverages, there is a lot I can hear but not work.

73,
Paul N1BUG
Topband Reflector