Re: Topband: W8ji ATR-10 design 160M?

To: "Jim GM" <jim.gmforum@gmail.com>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: W8ji ATR-10 design 160M?
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 16:15:42 -0400
That tuner is capable of all those combinations?
http://www.freepatentsonline.com/4763087.pdf

No. It only has the T network configuration. Nothing else.

The T network is reversable, which it has to be if one leg of the T is a fixed cap and you want any range.

Arcing at 500 watts on 160M has stopped. I beefed up the coil and installed
an edge wound coil from a 1929 TBK transmitter. If my solder joints do not
hold up I will have to switch out the #12 copper connecting wire to copper
tubing.

Exactly what is the entire antenna and feed system are you trying to feed????

How are you tuning the tuner? Are you starting with maximum possible capacitance, and going from that point first by changing only the inductor?

Tom
Topband Reflector