Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: Rick <nm3g@triad.rr.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: Don Kirk <wd8dsb@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2013 07:07:56 -0500
Hi Rick,

The beacon that you mention (what I assume I'm hearing around 3.500.9 this
morning between 1130 to 1200 UTC) is on a lower frequency (approximately
0.9 Khz lower) than what I was previously hearing, it's much weaker than
what I had been hearing, and it's heading is much different from my
previous measurements.  Using my 3 pennants I would say the signal from
what I assume is the w4hbk beacon is a little West Of South from my
location (my first estimate this morning put it around 190 degrees, and
QRZ.com says w4hbk is 186 degrees from my location), and this is much
different than my previous measurements that typically were from 128 to 140
degrees and 150 degrees at the most)

Just FYI,
Don (wd8dsb)
Topband Reflector