Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: "Steve Flood" <kk7uv@bresnan.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: "VE6WZ_Steve" <ve6wz@shaw.ca>
Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2013 19:48:14 -0700
Hi Steve,

Yes, tonight at 0230z I rx'd for 3500.85 carrier and it is there at s-5. I did not rx last night for it. The peak is very noticeable, and the null of the back of the beam is equally clear.
I also notice a sudden qrg shift sporadically.

Your bearing is at 340 and mine in Calgary at 250 puts the source very broadly in Washington State??
This is very strange.
Now we have a west coast carrier interloper??
3501.6 is gone tonight.

3,500.845- 250 deg (SW)
3,501.6- Gone here tonight no signal
3,503.15- no carrier