Re: Topband: FW: Steady Carrier on 80 CW

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: Steady Carrier on 80 CW
From: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 08:17:36 -0500
I'm in north central Michigan at Houghton Lake - EN74oh. I have no directional antennas and only modestly helpful data. The band seems quiet this morning and I have a barely audible signal (1300Z). Daylight. Last night (0300-0400Z) it was bringing my S-meter up over S5 (whatever that means) and the R-599 is really oversensitive. I would normally have some attenuation cranked in on 80 meters. Just one more point of confusion.

This reminds of a guy we called "the dittler" on one of the shorter bands. He had moved something up against the dit side of his paddles and set his transmitter in action. Two or three days later the locals DFed him down to his front door and the embarrassed guy turned it off.

73,

Bill  KU8H
Topband Reflector