Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax.

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax.
From: Greg - ZL3IX <zl3ix@inet.net.nz>
Date: Sat, 16 Nov 2013 18:28:03 +1300
Hi Gary,

if you have not made up the Time Domain Reflectometer in the ARRL Antenna Book, then now is a good time to do so. Disconnect the coax at the far and and terminate it 75, and then apply the TDR test. You will see not only whether the coax is OK, but if not OK, where the discontinuity is.

There is a bit of an investment to make now, as making up the TDR may not be the quickest way to solve your immediate problem, but it will certainly save you time in the event of future occurrences.

73, Greg, ZL3IX