Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax. ( silicone grease)

To: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax. ( silicone grease)
From: "Max Cotton" <airradio@dsl.pipex.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2013 18:05:10 -0000
Actually, that flies in the face of everything published about typical
silicone dielectric greases.

Tom,
I would tend to agree with you on this point, maybe it was the switch just breaking down ( Only digital signals no high voltages) and the small metal particles were causing further damage when loaded into the grease. Difficult to tell. I was surprised however and originally put it down to what I have just described. The Potable silicone grease was a local hardware company supplied item, cannot find the can just at the moment though so cannot put a name to it. Worked very well for the original purpose which was to introduce into the SO-239/PL-259 connection on my Steppir antenna, never had any water ingress from there on.
73, Max
M0GHQ