Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax.

To: Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Verifying integrity of 75 ohm coax.
From: Roger Parsons <ve3zi@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 07:34:01 -0800 (PST)

Tom, W8JI wrote:

"Dielectric grease has been used to preserve electrical connections in low
pressure connections and high pressure connections at least since the 1960's
or early 1970's."

Possibly even earlier than that. I spent a small part of my misspent youth
(~1961) in a TV repair shop. The TVs of that era (in the UK at least) had large
rotating turrets to select the channel. We used to burnish the contacts with
'Silvo' and then smear silicone grease over them. That part of the set was then
much more reliable than as supplied new. The remainder of course, was not!

73 Roger
VE3ZI