Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Easy-to-learn 160 contest logging program?
From: "Gary Smith" <Gary@ka1j.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Dec 2013 15:39:56 -0500
Interesting this topic came up right now, it does look like I'll be
able to participate at least a little this weekend so I just set N1MM
up for this contest and am now ready to go. I'll finish checking all
the connections at the antenna tomorrow & I'll likely be 160 ready
for this season. I'll never win #1 either but I do find I make more
Qs in a given period during a contest with N1MM and I like that more
than "winning" so for that goal, I'll keep using N1MM.

FWIW, I use Logic9 for my usual logging software and there are ready
built contest modes for about all the major contests and you can
configure it to work with a new one. I like how it keeps track of all
of my awards databases at the same time it does contesting but that
said, I now use N1MM because it's designed to be up-to-date and a one
trick pony who does the contesting trick to perfection. I just import
the adif from N1MM into Logic9 and then update Logic's awards info
and it's good to go.

N1MM does a really nice Cabrillo report, always goes right through
with no issues.

Gary
KA1J

> Thanks Andre,
>
> Even though I'm not a *real* contester I'll try those. Maybe a
> little
> less work prepping an electronic log submission. That part would be
> nice.
>
> 73,
>
> Bill  KU8H

---