Topband: 160 condx last night

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: 160 condx last night
From: "Shoppa, Tim" <tshoppa@wmata.com>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 2013 14:22:04 +0000
I found conditions on 160M were spectacular last night at end of CWops event,
several loud DL's and F's and HA's and for the first time this season for me,
Ukraine.

Highlight for me was working V5/DL3DXX at 0400Z on 160M, and he just got louder
and louder after that (his sunrise?)

Right now I have horrible 40M line noise but 80M and 160M seem to be
unaffected. How that can be... I do not know. Noise blanker helps a lot. If
anyone has any insight for how 120Hz impulse noise can just disappear below a
certain frequency, that might help me find it.

Ground is frozen solid right now but I will go out and try to set up the second
K9AY loop phased endfire with my first towards west coast for Stew. Eric found
these links for me: http://www.kkn.net/dayton2011/K4IQJ_Dayton_Update.pdf and
http://www.kkn.net/dayton2012/K4IQJ_Dayton_2012.pdf

Tim N3QE