Re: Topband: Palomar R-X Noise Bridge

To: <mapa50@windstream.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Palomar R-X Noise Bridge
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 11:16:30 -0500
I would expect it to work OK with 75 ohm cable.  An open-circuited 1/4 wave
line looks like a short at its sending end and you would be looking for a
null as the line reaches a 1/4 wavelength, so I would expect the method to
work fine with 75 ohm line. In fact, the 50 or 75 ohm line, if we consider
it to be lossless would be operating at infinite VSWR so I wouldn't think
the modest difference in characteristic  impedance would make any real
difference.

73,
Charlie, K4OTV