Re: Topband: Palomar R-X Noise Bridge

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Palomar R-X Noise Bridge
From: "Carl" <km1h@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2014 17:17:40 -0500

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jim Brown" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
To: <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, February 14, 2014 4:16 PM

On 2/14/2014 10:55 AM, Carl wrote:
The highest VF and lowest loss produces the deepest null but also the least deep null bandwidth due to the higher Q.

Not always -- stubs made with higher Vf cables are longer, so in my experience they come out about the same for attenuation and bandwidth. The only way to get a deeper null (with the reduction in bandwidth you have noted), is to reduce the RF resistance -- this means larger diameter coax and a more robust shield, like hard line.

73, Jim K9YC

Isnt that what "lowest loss" means? At least that was my intention.
On 6M Ive used a 7/8" Heliax stub to kill harmonics getting into the police system 200' away.

Carl
KM1H