Re: Topband: Not so good in the contest last night

To: <goldtr8@charter.net>, "Tod Olson" <tod@k0to.us>
Subject: Re: Topband: Not so good in the contest last night
From: "KL7RA" <kl7ra@ptialaska.net>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 12:13:53 -0900
This may go down as my worst score for this contest. I never heard
anyone loud enough to call and so far zero Q's. Last week we worked
east coast in the ARRL so it's just poor conditions. I guess the folks
not in the contest that we all work for a good score tune around and
need to hear loud easy to work stations calling CQ. This is probably
a downward spiral. They quit, so we quit calling.

But it's early yet, another night cycle at 0600z starts for me. SSB is
not the best choice for contesting on topband even on a good night.

73 Rich KL7RA