Re: Topband: Not so ood in the contest last night

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Not so ood in the contest last night
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2014 13:36:45 -0800
As usual in this contest, I turned on the Alpha
9500 and ran as an alligator.  I had swarms
of stations calling, but many were too weak
to copy, I could just tell someone was in there.
Other times, there were too many to separate.
There were a lot of unfamiliar calls last night.
These stations must not operate CW.
Only worked a few east coast stations in the
hour I was on.  I have a prior commitment
tonite and won't be able to get on until
after 0700Z or so.  I was hoping to get Vermont
(last state needed on phone) but the condx
don't look good.

Rick N6RK