Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Outdoor rope suggestions
From: <mapa50@windstream.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2014 14:52:49 -0500
I have noticed a wide range of experience that people are reporting on the life
of the black braided Dacron polyester rope. I have had extremely good life and
strength use on a wide range of antennas and other uses, such as holding a
cover on a 24 ft. diameter above ground pool. The pool was put in in 1982 and
removed 2 years ago. The rope is still fine after all that time. It was in and
under pool water for 7 to 8 months each year. I have a TH3mkIII Hygain beam
that has been up on a mast at 45 ft since 1983 using 3/8" Dacron rope. I have a
73 vertical that has been up since 1990 using 5/16" black rope. These antennas
have stood many strong storms, 2 of which had winds over 80 mph.

  It seems to me there must be a wide range of quality people are buying
Unfortunately, I don't have a good answer, but I will no longer just say that
Black Dacron polyester is  the world-beater I thought it was.

  The source I have always bought from is The Radio Works.

                                73 es DX
                                Pat H. Armstrong KF5YZ