Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Speculating via Stew posted scores
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Dec 2014 09:19:16 -0800
On Mon,12/29/2014 5:18 AM, James Rodenkirch wrote:
Forgot to state that both stations I used as examples were QRP entries, Tim ....k5go is
in AR and n9tf is in IL and I chose them 'cuz they are reasonably close to each other,
"mid-west sorta thang."

RX antennas matter. Stations like NO3M, WD5R, N0NI, KH6LC, W8JI are going to work more weak signals, picking up more distant stations (and picking up more points during log checking for working more 100W and QRP stations). WD5R and W5ZN are not far from each other. WD5R's antenna farm enabled him to pull me out, W5ZN tried real hard, but we never made it. It's a bit harder for N0NI than for WD5R, but we usually make it. I heard K5QO pretty well and called him a bunch of times, but I don't think we made it. There were at least a half dozen guys with S9+ signals who couldn't hear me.

73, Jim K9YC