Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M
From: Herbert Schoenbohm <herbs@vitelcom.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 2015 16:39:37 -0400
On 2/18/2015 2:56 PM, Larry wrote:
I guess i'll upgrade my call ... it is disappointing that location will
not be operating again for more than 10+years.

This is speculation and depends entirely on who is in charge at the Interior Department-FWL etc. It could happen a lot sooner and depends on how the request is crafted such as a combined scientific study with radio support as happened in 1969 with a ecological study from the University of Miami. A study of the rat population may sound silly to some but unusual things like this can take precedence at Interior in getting the application fast tracked. Additionally, as administrations change, as is certain in 2016, so could established policies.

Herb  Schoenbohm, KV4FZ