Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M

To: GALE STEWARD <k3nd@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: K1N 5,399 q's on 160 M
From: Kenneth Grimm <grimm@sbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 10:36:42 -0500
And how about the clown last night, around 10pm his local time, when
TI9/3Z9DX was working EU, who got on his frequency and said, "NA NA NA, I'm
tired and need my sleep."  I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.

73,

Ken - K4XL

On Thu, Feb 19, 2015 at 8:18 AM, GALE STEWARD via Topband <
topband@contesting.com> wrote:

> Exactly the point, Steve! A bunch of the guys around here worked them on
> 160 at 0800Z (that's 3AM here). My 160 QSO was around 1030Z.
> I'm really dating myself but "back in the day" the only way to snag some
> new ones on 80/160 was to be checking the bands in the middle of the night.
> No internet cluster, etc. It's actually a lot easier these days (my
> opinion).
>
> When my daughter was an infant this was easier as I was usually up in the
> middle of the night at least once!
> 73, Stew K3ND

Ken - K4XL
BoatAnchor Manual Archive
BAMA - http://bama.edebris.com

"Show me a politician who is poor, and I'll show you a poor
politician." - Carlos
Hank González