Re: Topband: DSP and Latency

To: Bill Cromwell <wrcromwell@gmail.com>, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: DSP and Latency
From: "Richard (Rick) Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 10:48:20 -0700
There is a very straightforward fix for this latency.
Simply use a POTS telephone line with a phone patch.
Receive audio comes in, and CW tones go out.  At
the remote site, a tone decoder generates key closures.
I measured 50 ms latency on a 100 mile phone connection.
And you never get audio glitches.

Rick N6RK