Re: Topband: Stew Beef

To: "K4OWR" <k2owr@comcast.net>, <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Stew Beef
From: "Larry Burke" <wi5a@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 14:03:40 -0600
Bill,

I'm not familiar with what you are using on 160m or how often you get on the
band, but just because you have never noticed any DX activity on a
non-contest weekend does not mean it is not there. There is plenty of DX on
Topband when conditions are good. And while a contest might bring out some
DX activity, it also drives some away. I can't tell you how many times there
has been non-contest DX underneath some contest CQ machine that cannot hear
them. I've personally missed several new ones that way.

Mike made a reasonable request for compromise by establishing a segment of
the band for non-contesting during the Stews. How is that "ridiculous"?

- Larry K5RK