Re: Topband: Strange propagation

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Mike Cizek W0VTT" <mgcizek@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Strange propagation
From: "Tom W8JI" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2016 21:41:50 -0500
I am a 160 card checker, and I damn well DO check the times!  I'm sorry
to report that I have found cases where "impossible" QSOs were claimed,
and reported them to the mother ship in Newington.  I would sincerely
hope that my colleagues would do the same.>>>

But isn't it legal to operate anywhere in the lower continental USA to make a DXCC contact in the lower continental USA?

As far as I know, they made that legal many years ago, and the contact simply has to be made from the USA lower 48 no matter where.

Where were all the complainers when they did that? As far as I'm concerned, that was the end of DXCC meaning very much. I wrote and complained. Now it is what it is.

73 Tom