Re: Topband: Field Checking strange cards

To: gudguyham@aol.com, mgcizek@gmail.com, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Field Checking strange cards
From: Larry via Topband <topband@contesting.com>
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 16:07:58 -0500
hi lou,

i assume that S2 you mentioned would be Bangladesh.

i worked S21XX 04 feb 12, 1997 and received a report of 579. the card is in
hand and has been accepted by the ARRL.

they were worked both rx/tx from my location in tucson, arizona and is part of
my WAZ 160 certificate number 259 (40 zones). each and every of the 40 zone
stations were worked from right here!

i am extremely proud of my WAZ 160. it took years of effort with countless
hours of listening. no remote, RBN or cluster (never spotted on my cluster
host).

i would never question the morality of others because of their use of outside
"aids" regardless of new rules or facilities. they can use whatever they want
to accomplish a particular goal but when all is said and done i doubt that they
will have the same sense of accomplishment.

herb, KV4FZ spent hours pounding away trying to work the K5P. so did countless
others. i hope that you all get to put him in your logs. in my opinion that's
what ham radio is really about.

73,
larry
n7dd