Topband: Spring Stew Perry Equinox Version.

To: topband <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: Spring Stew Perry Equinox Version.
From: W7RH <midnight18@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2016 03:00:16 +0000
I won't say Top Band conditions were great, but activity was pretty good for this late in the season. I had installed a new logging computer and was into the event 2.5 hours when I discovered system time, N1MM and HRD times were all skewed. The only correct of the three was HRD (Ham Radio Deluxe) Then had a radio keying cable failure. I got it fixed by rummaging through travel bags. The nearest Radio shack is 90 miles away. I've never had a ground open on a molded plug before.

Highlights. A rag chew with Aki, JA5DQH in the morning. A contact with BU2AQ not in the contest. IV3YYK calling CQ on my frequency 1835 at 02:37 UTC. He could not hear me. :( Also who ever was at KV4FZ could not hear me and was calling CQ to fast for conditions.

I'm going to submit log but times might be buggered. I only worked about 1/3 of expected QSO's due to problems with logs etc.

It was nice to hear the band come alive with some activity for a change.

73

Bob

--
W7RH DM35OS

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not
sure about the former.
Albert Einstein