Topband: Gamma Match Tower Question

To: Topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Gamma Match Tower Question
From: Bill Hein <bill.aa7xt@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2016 14:01:11 -0600
I want to get back on Top Band this fall and am planning on Gamma Matching
one of my free standing towers (and plant a few Beverages).

The tower I'm planning on using is an AN Wireless HD-70 (70 foot tall, wide
base that tapers as it goes up) grounded tower topped with a 15 ft mast and
a Force 12 Magnum 340 620 Yagi, the later should make a nice cap hat.

My question: I have two hardline coax cables running up the outside of the
tower held in place by Andrew non-conductive clamps. Should I (a) move the
cables inside of the tower, (b) ground the cables at the top of the tower
(they are gounded at the base now), (c) do something else, (d) do both, or
(e) leave it as is.

I am also planning on grounding all the parasitic elements on the big F12
dual bander to the boom at the element center.

73

BIll AA7XT
Glade Park CO
DM59pa