Topband: Clean AC Power

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Topband: Clean AC Power
From: "GeorgeWallner" <aa7jv@atlanticbb.net>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2016 22:24:01 -0400
Hello Top-Banders,

Today's Wall Street Journal had an article on serious (fanatical) audiophiles in Japan who have their own utility poles (and transformers) installed to ensure that they get the cleanest AC power possible.

I had a bit of a chuckle ... but then I thought, wait a minute, why not for top-band? Let's say you've cleaned up everything in your house. What about noise coming in from the neighbors via the power lines? Would having your own transformer (with a shield) help? Or at least filter the AC as it enters your property? As far from the antenna(s) as possible. Maybe not as silly as we may think...

73,
George
AA7JV