Re: Topband: Gamma Match Tower Question

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Gamma Match Tower Question
From: Mike DeChristopher <mfdechristopher@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2016 10:46:37 -0400
Bill (et al),

I have a short gamma matched tower for 160. I didn't originally intend to
load it during construction, so I ran the other feedlines up the outside of
the tower, grounded by bracket at top and bottom. Later, when I decided to
load it up, I asked an engineer friend who works in broadcast construction
if it was worth re-doing the feeds inside the lattice, and he indicated the
difference would be too negligible to sweat.

I've been doing that 5 or 6 years now and it's borderline FB (it usually
beats the single inv-L). If I did it from scratch again, I'd probably run
the feedline inside if only to satisfy that sense of having done it "the
right way."

Mike N1TA