Re: Topband: FW: Hi-Z Around Trees

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: FW: Hi-Z Around Trees
From: Michael Walker <va3mw@portcredit.net>
Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2016 07:41:37 -0500
For my 80CW and 160 verticals, I have wires suspended through 90 ft tall
evergreens.  I have been doing that for years and I put them in place using
a drone (long before everyone was doing it).

I have radials underneath.  In fact, they are on a common feedpoint.

Based on my 160M or 80M WSPR / JT65 testing, I would be hard pressed to say
that much if any RF is being absorbed by the trees.

In my case, I work with what I have available.  For me, they just work.

Mike va3mw