Topband: DXing on teh Edge 2nd ed

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Topband: DXing on teh Edge 2nd ed
From: "Doug Turnbull" <turnbull@net1.ie>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2017 20:42:14 -0000
Dear OMs and YLs,
     My copy of the second edition has arrived.   I am pleased to have kept
the first edition as it has more technical content covering both RX and TX
antennas.   There is none of this in the second edition and this is a pity.
The second edition is the history contained in the first edition which is
interesting but if you have the first edition there is no reason to purchase
the second except for an improved binding.

      I do not mean to cause Jeff any grief as he is both a pioneer and a
beacon for the rest of us.

      I found his receive and transmit antenna sections often most helpful
to recommend to others.   In some ways his first edition of "DXing on the
Edge" is more readable and useful than ON4UNs more comprehensive work.

              73 Doug EI2CN