Re: Topband: west coast in the mornings

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: west coast in the mornings
From: Wes Stewart <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Sat, 28 Jan 2017 17:18:38 -0700
I just worked K6SRZ in San Francisco @ 2355Z. Our sunset here in Tucson is at 0054Z. So I worked him approximately 1 hour before our sunset and 2 hours before his. BTW, he's a real RST 589.

My antenna TX & RX is an inverted vee about 45' high at the apex and the ends about 6' high, rig is an old K3 + KPA500. In case you think the QSO was perfect for a NVIS antenna and a fluke, I have 55 DXCC entities confirmed with this setup. Worked all of the usual suspect JAs past sunrise this AM.

Wes  N7WS